Health Information Associates
Headquartered in Pawleys Island, SC, Health Information Associates (HIA) is a privately held company and was founded in 1992 by Betsy Bailey, RHIA and Deane Beamer, MHA. Prior to 1992, Mrs. Bailey held Director of HIM positions at two (2) hospitals in Virginia. Mr. Beamer had over thirty (30) years of experience as an Administrator working in various hospitals throughout the southeast.
Since its inception, HIA has partnered with hundreds of hospitals nationwide to provide customized comprehensive coding compliance reviews and educational services as well as coding support. HIA has grown to become a highly respected provider due to its ability to adapt to industry changes while maintaining a cohesive and conservative approach. HIA’s attention to individual client needs, from the smallest critical access hospital to the largest healthcare corporation, has led to the type of long term and mutually beneficial partnerships it is fortunate to share with its clients.
- Codes all requested Inpatient acute care records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG assignment in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Abstracts, codes and assigns necessary demographic and clinical data elements required
- Uses 3M encoder to ensure appropriate reimbursement and accurate DRG & MSDRG assignment.
- Writes appropriate, non-leading queries.
- Maintains quality and productivity according to client requirements.
- Completes all I-10 education as required within established deadlines.
- Commits to continually improving his/her coding skills by actively participating in all education sessions.
- Reports to the Coding Services Manager.
- RHIA, RHIT, and/or CCS
- Minimum 3 years inpatient coding experience in an acute care facility.
- I-10-CM/PCS training
- Computer proficiency, able to research coding questions and utilize HIA’s internal educational resources.
- High Speed Internet via Cable (no Satellite or wireless cell based)
- Independent, focused individual able to work remotely.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit your resume to https://careers-hiacode.icims.com/.